Hook group is the most common hook device in the crane mechinary. Hook hangs on the wire rope of the lifting mechanism with the help of pulleys such parts. Hook is the most widely used among the load handling device. It has such characteristics as simple manufacture and strong usability.
- Hook group is the most common hook device in the crane machinery.
- Hook hangs on the wire rope of the lifting mechanism with the help of pulleys such parts.
- Hook is the most widely used among the load handling device. It has such characteristics as simple manufacture and strong usability.
Crane hook is usually equipped with a safety latch to prevent the disengagement of the lifting wire rope sling, chain or rope to which the load is attached.
The different Categories
- Single lift hook: easy to produce and use, but its load carrying is not good, so most of time, it only be used at the low capacity working site(less than 80T).
- Double lift hook: when the capacity is large, double hook with symmetrical load carrying will be used classified into forged Winch & Hook and strapped Winch & Hook according to production method.
- Forged winch hook: riveting by several cutting forming steel plate, respective steel plate has fissure will no broke the total hooks using, and its safety feature is better, but its self-weight is large, mostly be used in large capacity or lifted molten steel cranes.
- Strapped winch hook: used on overhead, gantry cranes and all kinds hoist.
Hooks shall meet the manufacturer's recommendations and shall not be overloaded.
Using a hook that falls below specifications recommended by the manufacturer tempts fate. Specifically, it increases the chance for equipment failure that could lead to injuries and lost production time. Hook failure can occur for a number of reasons, including overloading, mechanical abuse of the hook or cumulative fatigue.
Hook assessments by our technicians can help determine whether your hooks are up to the job you expect from them—and if they show any signs of potential failure.
Casting 50 ton 60 ton crane hook appears one of the following circumstances shall be discarded:
- Dangerous section of the wear of the size of the original 10%.
- Is compared to the original size is increased by 10%.
- Hook body torsional deformation of more than 10 °.
- Hook dangerous section or hook neck produce plastic deformation.
- Hook threaded corrosion.